JLL ranked top real estate investment broker in the UK
CoStar analysis revealed JLL advised on greatest deal volume across the UK in 2017
JLL has been ranked the number one real estate investment advisory firm in the UK in 2017, according to recently released independent data from CoStar.
Throughout 2017 close to £60bn of commercial real estate assets were traded in the UK. JLL's capital markets team advised on £14.2bn of transactions, accounting for 20% market share.
JLL achieved a number of landmark transactions throughout the year in a variety of sectors from industrial to retail and alternatives. JLL became the leading investment advisor in the business park market advising on approximately 90% of all UK business park transactions across the UK totalling over £1.45bn.
With investors continually seeking new ways to access property investments, the UK alternatives sector accounted for 26% of the total UK investment market in 2017, at £15.7bn. JLL transacted 32% of alternatives transactions, acting on 50% of the deals in the UK Student Housing market throughout the year, increasing the total proportion of the alternatives market on which it advised significantly in 2017.
Notable transactions undertaken by JLL's UK capital markets team in 2017 included:
- The disposal of Oaktree's UK business park portfolio to Singapore-listed Frasers Centrepoint (£686m)
- The disposal of Hermes Investment Management's 50% stake in Milton Park, a 3.4m sq. ft. business park, in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, which is home to leading global science and technology companies, to CPP Investment Board for £200m
- The acquisition of Brockton Capital's industrial portfolio on behalf of Blackstone and M7 (c.£600m)
- The joint venture funding disposal for Downing Student of its student housing portfolio for £440m
- The disposal of 1 Kingdom Street, London, W2 (264,898 sq ft) on behalf of TH Real Estate for £292m
- The disposal of Brockton Capital's out of town retail warehousing portfolio for £250m
- Advising KPMG on the sale and leaseback of their headquarters building in Canary Wharf (c.430,000 sq ft) for £400m
Alistair Meadows, head of UK capital markets at JLL said: "JLL's success is defined by our access to capital, real estate and occupational insights and expertise in finance, all of which provide our clients with the confidence to work with us to help them achieve their investment ambitions. The UK continues to be the primary destination for real estate investment, by a range of investors who seek often complex and specialist advice to secure the best opportunities. Possessing a unique and in-depth understanding of the range of sectors and regional markets that make-up the UK's real estate landscape has been key to achieving the best results for our clients."