JLL and META launch first RE programme
Changing the future face of real estate and enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the industry.
META’s London Real Estate team, in partnership with JLL, launched their first real estate work experience programme called “Building Your Future” for 565 students aged 14 to 19.
The programme aims to change the future face of real estate by enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the industry. The programme provides young people from underrepresented groups with the understanding of what opportunities a real estate career can offer.
Split into eight workstreams, the programme provides, the opportunity to learn more about the industry as well as identify potential career paths within real estate. With modules including sustainability, intelligent real estate and leadership in the sector students hear from a diverse range of industry leaders who share their stories, life challenges and work experiences.
One student shared “learning about transactions and facilities management allowed me to explore new areas in real estate that I didn't know about, I am happy to have taken part in this.”
The first group of students completed their work experience in October 2022 and another 520 have signed up for the most recent cohort. Building Your Future will continue with more cohorts in 2023 and beyond!
The 2022 Cohort achievements include:
- Students who stated they understood real estate ‘very well’ increased their knowledge from 4% to 79% by the end of the programme.
- Students who felt ‘very confident’ in finding a job increased from 9% to 41% by the end of the programme.
- Students completed 1,050 hours of learning.
- Our webinar industry experts were asked over 400 questions.
Engagement across a diverse student base:
- 64% from minority groups.
- 61% identified as female.
- 31% were eligible for free school meals