Leading the way for workspaces with HansaInvest
Exceptional CAT A refurbishment in the heart of Manchester’s financial district
EPC ‘B’ Rating, improved from the original ‘D’ Rating
BREAAM ‘Very Good’ Rating
Platinum WiredScore Accreditation
HANSAINVEST has a strong reputation for reliability as well as innovation – priding themselves on developing real estate assets that not only appeal to today’s market, but are fit for the future and ready to stand the test of time.
It was their belief that 2 Hardman Street needed to be transformed to provide a modern, attractive proposition in order to set it apart from the existing office accommodation available in Manchester’s Spinningfields business district. Adopting a multi-disciplinary approach from JLL’s Building Consultancy, Planning and Office Agency teams, the property has been extensively refurbished and offers 65,000 sqft of exceptional CAT ‘A’ office space, creating a highly sought-after working destination.
2 Hardman Street is steeped in history – having been home to a soda-water factory, a hat-making works and a silk finishing mill. We worked closely with our client on the overall design and refurbishment, ensuring that references to the building’s history are retained, whilst creating a sustainable, healthy and inclusive space, complete with:
- Ground floor co-working space
- A buzzing coffee bar to bring people together
- Living wall within Reception area
- Inclusive health spaces including a wellness hub and yoga room
- Cycle facilities aiming to reduce the carbon footprint
- High efficiency VRV heating & cooling air conditioning system with low GWP heat-pump refrigerant
- LED daylighting with automated PIR sensors to reduce energy consumption
2 Hardman Street has been nominated for Mixology North22 Awards (Project of the Year Finalist: Positive Impact) and the Northern Design Awards 2022 (Amazing Space category).