Agile and sustainable office fit-out for Kao Corporation
Embracing a hybrid working environment
Covent Garden, London
Hybrid working is here to stay, but with this the role of the office is changing – calling for more agility. This was certainly the case for Kao Corporation, in their search for a sustainable and agile workplace that enabled their employees to collaborate and adapt their working practices and environments when necessary.
Kao Corporation entrusted JLL’s Building Consultancy team as Surveyors, Project and Cost Managers on their new 11,000 sq. ft. CAT B office fit-out in Covent Garden, London. The team carried out a Technical Due Diligence survey to ensure the building and the floor to be acquired was in a good condition. JLL also assisted Kao with resolution of pre-existing defects highlighted as a result of our TDD survey.
The property comprises of a commercial office space splayed around a central glazed atrium. the project included:
- M&E installations and upgrades including additional fresh air
- Collaborative and agile spaces throughout the office with quiet booths, meeting booths, conventional desking, meeting rooms and a flexible boardroom
- There is an innovative open plan kitchen and breakout space which has the ability to accommodate a town hall meeting
- Tenant finishes included feature lighting, carefully selected materials, movable FF&E and warm reception area.
- The office space was connected and enhanced by a biophilic design
With sustainability at the heart of the scheme, we’re proud to have achieved a SKA Gold accreditation. Meticulous attention was paid to detail and materials selected for their recycled and environmental credentials.
“We truly believe our new office marks an important point in our collective future and we cannot wait to see you there”
Ed Barham – Kao Corporation, Director, Legal & Governance