UK Sustainability Framework
Over the past year, we have been working through some of our most ambitious sustainable commitments to date.
Together with our clients and partners, we are committed to embedding sustainability into everything we do, working to shape the future of real estate for a better world. Our UK sustainability strategy focuses on four areas, with 16 flagship commitments, where we believe we can drive lasting and positive change.
To learn more about our strategy watch the video below, read about our flagship targets (right) or download the full list of UK targets here.
Working towards a world where carbon emissions are reduced and biodiversity is restored, setting us on a course for climate stability
- Engage our top 100 clients and top 250 FTSE UK real estate companies to align to Race to Zero by 2025
- Reduce carbon emissions by 30% per sq. ft across all properties JLL manages for clients by 2030
- Establish a firm-wide strategy on nature-based solutions by 2025
- Achieve net zero carbon across all JLL buildings in the UK by 2030
- Incorporate circular design principles for all JLL office fit outs and achieve a 50% reduction in embodied carbon by 2030
- Achieve 100% electric cars and 50% electric commercial vehicles by 2025
- Reduce carbon emissions from business travel by 35% per employee by 2025
- Ensure all employees are paid the real Living Wage and work towards real Living Wage across our client’s supply chains by 2025
- Ensure our Graduate Programme is recruiting a minimum of 35% from socially disadvantaged backgrounds by 2025
- Advocate for a diversity of housing supply, including truly affordable housing, and demonstrate that JLL always considers the quality of life for future residents by 2025
- Deliver 2,635 days of employee time in support of the community by 2023
- Support LandAid on the growth of their pro bono programme from 2021-2023
- Establish firm-wide strategy on social value for client and corporate activity by 2023
Advocating for positive change in the business community and encouraging responsible behaviour in our employees
- Co-sponsor a new ground-breaking standard on sustainable purpose, facilitated by The British Standards Institution and drive purpose throughout the business by 2023
- Engage 30% of employees on sustainable living initiatives by 2023
- Support client sustainability ambitions by including sustainability in 100% of pitches and all strategic client partnerships by 2025
Creating an environment that values diversity, rewards talent, develops skills for tomorrow’s challenges and fosters wellbeing
- Develop an employee wellbeing index and deliver against the top 3 priorities by 2023
- Ensure 15% of employees and 10% of directors are from ethnically underrepresented groups by 2025
- Ensure 35% of directors are female and all key governance committees are 35% female by 2025
UK Sustainability Report 2021
Our report details the progress made in the first year of our sustainability framework.
This report showcases our performance against key targets - made possible by our people, clients and partners - supporting the drive for lasting and positive change.
Our progress in 2021
Manchester office is the first to achieve WELL Platinum, BREEAM Excellent and SKA Gold in one fit-out
Received 62 sustainability awards and recognition
Signed The Climate Pledge and committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2040
More than 100 sustainability professionals across the business
Raised £1.28m for Crisis during our partnership, supporting >1,300 people into housing
Achieved 78% recycling rate across all offices
Advised 125 clients on sustainability, plus over 28% of JLL UK revenue supported by our sustainability capabilities
385 employees spent over 4,036 hours volunteering, supporting >200 community and charity projects
225 apprentices employed across JLL and our Integral business
Race Reverse Mentoring programme paired over 40 ethnically underrepresented colleagues with senior leaders