Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

News Release

Leeds

Jones Lang LaSalle completes refurbishment of historic Oulton Hall Hotel near Leeds


Leeds, 17 February 2009 – Jones Lang LaSalle has completed the refurbishment of De Vere’s prestigious Oulton Hall Hotel; one of Yorkshire’s premier hotel, conference and leisure venues.

Jones Lang LaSalle’s Project & Development Services (P&DS) team based in Leeds acted as both project and cost managers for the refurbishment of the public areas of this Grade II Listed building, including the main hotel reception, lounges, function rooms, bar, restaurant, orangery and rest rooms. Works also involved the creation of a new central communications room and the guest lifts were upgraded.

Andrew King, director of Jones Lang LaSalle’s P&DS team in Leeds, said: “Being involved with a project so steeped in history meant that attention to detail was imperative. The works, which took seven months to complete, were finished to the highest standard to reflect this striking Grade II Listed building.”

As part of the same contract, the hotel’s leisure club was closed for five months to enable the facilities to be upgraded into a state of the art luxury spa, offering ten specialist treatment rooms, a gym and fitness studio, along with a range of hydro and thermal amenities.

De Vere Hotels added Oulton Hall to its luxury hotels portfolio in 1991 and has invested more than £20 million on restoration and expansion works in recent years.  Oulton Hall forms part of a national programme of development work that Jones Lang LaSalle has undertaken on behalf of De Vere.

                                   - ends –
Notes to Editors:
Oulton Hall was originally owned by the Blayds family in the mid 18th Century and was built up into a substantial estate. This house was destroyed by fire and the present day hall was built in 1851 to replace the ruins. Requisitioned by the military, the hall was used in World War I as a hospital and convalescence home for wounded soldiers. Following its sale in 1925, it became a mental hospital until 1971, when the hall changed hands again; however due to lack of resources by the new owners it fell into disrepair.

· De Vere Hotels added the stately home to its luxury hotels portfolio in 1991.